Skin Check Champions is committed to protecting your privacy.
Our Policy reflects the requirements under the Privacy Act 1988.
Skin Check Champions is committed to protecting your privacy. We collect, store and use some of your personal information to help us on our charitable mission. Only authorised staff have access to your personal information: it remains confidential and is only used for appropriate purposes and in accordance with this policy.
Unless you give us consent to do otherwise, we will only collect and use your personal information as set out in this policy.
3.0 REFUND POLICY AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Memberships can be cancelled at any time. Membership fees are normally non-refundable, however if you have made an error in your membership selection or change your mind about joining Skin Check Champions, please email us at gday(at)skincheckchampions.com.
Due to the nature of charity donations, refunds are given at the discretion of our management. Please make sure that the amount you enter is the amount you wish to give. In the event of an incorrect amount being entered, or if the donation is made accidentally or there is an extremely unusual circumstance, please email us at gday(at)skincheckchampions.com. We will review the request and respond. We will refund if there was a system error with the donation processing. If a donation is refunded, the associated tax receipt is no longer truthful so it should be shredded and destroyed.
3.3 EVENTS & TICKETS
The following terms and conditions will help all patrons to enjoy the event that tickets have been purchased for. Tickets entitle the holder to attend the event at the date, time and location stated on the front of the ticket and/or selected at the time of purchase through official sales channels. By purchasing a ticket the buyer and/or the holder agrees to the following:
- It is the responsibility of the buyer to ensure that all details are correct at the time of purchase especially the event name, date, time and location. The ticket may not be exchanged, refunded or returned except in accordance with Australian consumer Law.
- Tickets purchased from third party resale sites may not gain you entry to an event, as we cannot guarantee that the ticket/s will be valid.
- The right is reserved to vary advertised program and to add, withdraw or substitute artists and content as necessary.
- The right of admission is reserved including where entry is delayed for late arrivals, refused or where a customer is asked to leave the premises.
- Food and alcohol not purchased at the venue will be refused entry.
- The recording of an event using any device is prohibited unless otherwise advised.
The above terms and conditions are consistent with Australian consumer Law and the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice.and their Safe Tix Guide. The right is reserved to vary these terms and conditions and updates may be made available via skincheckchampions.com.
Ticket prices are correct at time of quotation or publication but are subject to change at the discretion of management. Single ticket prices may be dynamically adjusted, without notice, dependent upon market demand.
Advertised prices are valid for the day on which they are displayed only and are subject to change without notice.
If you are not satisfied with your product or would like a different size, we can exchange it for a new one or refund your purchase price. This is in addition to your rights under Australian Consumer Law. Please email gday(at)skincheckchampions.com to arrange a refund or exchange.
4.1 DATA COLLECTION
4.1.1 THE TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The type of information that we collect is dependent on the type of Skin Check Champions initiatives you support or enquire about. Personal information collected by Skin Check Champions and our charitable initiatives, including our skin check booker, our pop-up skin check clinics, Beard Season and Strip off for Skin Cancer – may include:
- Your identification and contact information – name, address, email address, phone number, mobile phone number;
- Your date of birth, gender, income, occupation;
- Your donation and payment details;
- Where relevant, your employer details
(for example if you participate in workplace giving);
- A history of your transactions, correspondences and interactions with Skin Check Champions if relevant, and details about your personal interests.
Please note, if you choose not to provide us with certain personal information, we may not be able to process your donation or provide the information you request.
4.1.2 HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
There are a number of ways in which we collect information from you. These include:
- Directly from you when you provide information by phone, in person, via our website, or response forms;
- From our own records of your transactions and interactions with Skin Check Champions;
- From publicly available sources of information;
- From third parties who organise fundraising activities on our behalf. These parties are also bound by Privacy Law;
- From a third party known to you who makes a donation and nominates you as the recipient of communication regarding that donation; or
- Face to face communication or when you correspond with us via email, online surveys, social media messages, social media chat bots which we operate, voice messages or image recordings.
4.1.3 HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Your personal information may be used:
- For the immediate reason for which you have given it. For example, to enable us to process your request (e.g. gift, payment, registration, subscription, change of details) including issuing you with a donation receipt;
- To maintain contact with you about our work, encourage you to learn about and act on supporting Skin Check Champions or let you know about other opportunities to give financially;
- To let you know what our partner organisations are doing (unless you have specifically asked us not to);
- To confirm your identity when you make enquiries about your donation;
- To address any feedback or complaints you may have and to answer your queries; or
- For any other purpose related to our work.
It may also be used for:
- Any purposes for which the information was requested; or
- Purposes directly related to the above purposes.
Your information will not be used for any purpose to which you would not reasonably expect us to use the information provided. We will not disclose your personal information to other organisations except for our core business purposes. Most importantly, we will not rent or sell your personal information.
To help reach more generous supporters like you, occasionally we may collaborate with other charitable organisations on mailings with information that we believe may be of interest to you. These organisations usually allow us to do the same, and by collaborating like this we can reach more people with vital charitable information.
In order to reduce operating and administrative costs, we may securely transfer data to organisations located outside of Australia to produce printed material and electronic communications. These organisations must also comply with, and not breach, the Privacy Law and are bound by tight agreements which protect your privacy.
If you wish to reduce such mailings please call, email or write to us at the address listed at the end of this policy.
4.1.4 WHEN WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
In order to communicate with you in relation to the activities of Skin Check Champions, we may disclose your personal information to external organisations to help facilitate our correspondence and fundraising activities with you.
We care for and value the security of your personal information. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure any external organisations we partner with are contractually bound to privacy and confidentiality obligations in relation to your personal information and that it is only used for the specific purpose for which we disclose it.
These organisations are also bound to adhere to the privacy requirements under the relevant legislation and are bound to destroy or de-identify information after using it for the purposes for which it was collected.
4.1.5 WHO WE MAY DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION TO
In addition to the external organisations which help facilitate our correspondence and fundraising activities with you, we may disclose your personal information to:
- An authorised legal representative nominated by you;
- Our accountants, auditors and lawyers; or
- Government authorities if/when legally required to do so.
4.1.6 HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We will keep and use your information after you have provided a donation or interacted in some other way with Skin Check Champions. How long we hold and use the information after you have ceased donating or interacting with us will depend on the type of interaction you had with Skin Check Champions and any requirements under law.
It is also our policy to:
- Permanently de-identify personal information where reasonable and possible; and
- Destroy personal information once there is no longer a legal or business need for us to retain it.
4.2 PRIVACY AND THE INTERNET
4.2.1 PROTECTING INFORMATION PROVIDED VIA THE INTERNET
Our site uses security encrypted response forms when personal and financial details are requested. These forms are subject to compliance requirements with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI-DSS) as well as the Privacy Law.
However, it should be noted that no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Therefore, we cannot give an absolute assurance that the information you provide to us over the internet will be secure at all times until it is received into our database. Skin Check Champions cannot be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information via the internet.
4.2.2 LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
4.2.3 ONLINE ADVERTISING AND TRACKING
We use third-party tracking cookies and similar technologies to collect and use data about user activities on our sites. Third-party vendors, such as Facebook and Google whose services we use, place these cookies and similar technologies on web browsers to help us tailor advertising we think may be of interest to users based on past visits to our site.
We use similar technology to track the performance of our website and user activity in order to improve the experience on our site. You can opt out of the tracking services we use by following these links:
- Google Analytics: download a browser based add-on called HotJar
A cookie is a small text file that our website may place on your device to store information. We may use persistent cookies (which remain on your computer even after you close your browser) to store information that may speed up your use of our website for any of your future visits to our website. We may also use session cookies (which no longer remain after you end your browsing session) to help manage the display and presentation of information on the website. This information does not identify you personally and you remain anonymous unless you have otherwise provided us with personal information.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. If you would prefer to prevent your computer from accepting our cookies, you may follow your Internet browser’s steps for doing so. Please note, however, that if you do disable cookies from your browser, you may not be able to access certain sections of our website.
4.2.4 STORAGE AND SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Skin Check Champions will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information we hold about you (whether electronic or hard copy), and ensure this information is accurate and up-to-date. This includes complying with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard, which covers security of payment card information. Your information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. We require our employees and data processors to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us and abide by our confidentiality policy and procedures.
4.2.5 RIGHT OF ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
If at any time you want to know exactly what personal information we hold about you, you are welcome to access your record by contacting us at the address below. Our file of your personal information will be made available to you within 30 days. You have a right of access to the personal information that Beard Season holds about you. Requests for right of access should be addressed to the Chief Operating Officer (please note that a $25 fee may apply on the delivery of your information in order to cover administrative costs).
4.2.6 REDUCING COMMUNICATIONS, OPTING-OUT OR MODIFYING YOUR INFORMATION
You may wish to change personal information that is inaccurate or out of date. If you wish to do so, or if you want to change any information that you have previously given us, or if you want to reduce, or opt out of future communications, you can either:
- Email a request to Skin Check Champions Communications and Marketing Manager, Scott Maggs at scott(at)skincheckchampions.com
4.2.7 ENQUIRIES, FEEDBACK OR COMPLAINTS
If you believe that information we hold about you is incorrect or out of date, or if you have concerns about how we are handling your personal information, please contact us and we will seek to resolve those concerns.
- Email a request to Skin Check Champions Communications and Marketing Manager via gday(at)skincheckchampions.com
If you are still not satisfied about the way in which we have handled your personal information, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au) for guidance.
4.2.8 CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may make changes to this policy from time to time without notice.
If you have any further questions, please get in touch by contacting us at gday(at)skincheckchampions.com.